Food Services Assistant (Full Time) - Maroochydore
Job no: 494574
Employment type: Full time
Location: QLD Metro
At Estia Health, we are proud that each of our aged care homes uniquely represent the residents who choose us, the community that surrounds us and the people we work with. At Estia, we are one family, we do our best to make a difference every day and we make magical moments happen, in small and special ways for our residents, visitors and employees alike. Join us, as we strive to support, nurture and develop your career in the growing aged care industry.
About the role
Estia Health Maroochydore are looking for experienced Food Services Assistants to join our team.
Our brand-new purpose built 126 bed aged care home, located in the recently developed Sunshine Cove complex on the Sunshine Coast spans over two-storeys and excels in every aspect of care, comfort and ambiance. Ideally, you will be available to work across a range of shifts including weekends.
At Estia Health, our team takes great pride in providing our residents with a great experience whilst in our care. Our Food Services Assistants are responsible for providing residents with memorable dining experiences.
The role involves:
- Preparation, presentation and delivery of food and beverages in accordance with the Food Safety Program
- Washing dishes and cleaning according to the Food Safety Program
- Adhering to and assisting with general Food Safety compliance activities
- Contribute to menu planning to meet resident's needs and preferences
You’ll bring to the role your passionate and caring nature and you will have:
- Basic food handling course certificate
- Experience in a kitchen environment and food services (preferably residential aged care)
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Effective and positive communication skills
- A friendly and welcoming demeanor
What we will do for you
- Join the foundation team as we set up and introduce residents to their new home
- Fast paced, ever changing environment where no day will be the same!
- Develop and expand your own skill set with regular development opportunities to showcase your flair in the kitchen
- We have a number of homes in the SEQ area where you can enhance your career with options to progress internally
- Estia offers a range of benefits including attractive remuneration packages with workplace banking, novated leases and EAP services
Please note, we only accept applications with the right to work in Australia. We support a holistic approach to Work Health and Safety by supporting our homes with a commitment to keeping our residents and team members stay safe and well.
If you would like to know more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If this sounds like the role for you, click on APPLY NOW!
To find out more about Estia Health and the wonderful work we do, please visit and follow our LinkedIn page.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend