Senior Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor (SA)
Job no: 502426
Location: SA Metro
Categories: People and Culture
As an ASX200 listed company in Australia's fastest growing industry, Estia Health is dedicated to caring for thousands of older Australians who choose to make Estia their home. As we continue to expand, we are striving to attract, develop and retain the best talent in Aged Care. With over 7500 employees in both metropolitan and regional Australia, we are proud to be a values based organisation providing meaningful careers.
About the role
The Senior Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor supports our homes and Operations leaders to address and continuously improve responses to HSW matters. The role supports the Head of Health Safety and Wellbeing to drive sustainable safety culture and performance in the South Australian region, including zero tolerance for preventable injuries in our homes.
This is a hands-on, field role that partners with key stakeholders in order to ensure the organisation achieves its targets in reducing the impact of lost time injuries and successfully managing hazards. You will have an ability to work autonomously and offer strong multi-site experience that will be valued throughout our safety journey.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Coach and mentor Operations and other business leaders in the area of HSW
- Provide quality proactive advice and support to Operations leaders and employees on a range of HSW issues
- Analyse and report on workplace incidents, hazards and injuries as well as trends in their area of responsibility
- Provide strategic advice and direction on complex claims, relevant legislation and safety matters
- Support WHS risk management activities
- Proactive management of Workers Compensation Claims with a focus on minimising LTI impact and driving return to work outcomes
You’ll bring to the role your energy, your passionate and caring nature and you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in OHS or Allied Health (or related field)
- Extensive experience in a WHS and/or Injury Management role, set in a large and geographically dispersed organisation with proven track record in delivering effective HSW performance results
- Experience with and a sound understanding of applicable WHS and Worker's Compensation legislation and regulations
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Effective computer skills and experience with Risk/Injury Management systems preferred
- The right to work in Australia
What will we offer in return?
- Make a difference by supporting projects which have an impact on how we support our residents
- Opportunity to work on a range of projects - broadening your project experience
- Open, friendly, collaborative team - feel supported though enjoy autonomy to deliver your work
- Fast paced, progressive environment
- Estia offers a range of benefits including workplace banking, novated leases and EAP services
If you would like to know more, please call our recruitment team on 1300 615 724 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If this sounds like the role for you, click on APPLY NOW!
To find out more about Estia Health and the wonderful work we do, please visit and follow our LinkedIn page.
We support a holistic approach to Work Health and Safety by supporting our homes with a commitment to keeping our residents and team members safe and well.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend