ACFI Consultant - South Australia
Job no: 495797
Employment type: Full time
Location: Australia, SA Metro
Categories: Nursing, Operations
As an ASX200 listed company in Australia's fastest growing industry, Estia Health is dedicated to caring for thousands of older Australians who choose to make Estia their home. As we continue to expand, we are striving to attract, develop and retain the best talent in Aged Care. With over 7500 employees in both metropolitan and regional Australia, we are proud to be a values based organisation providing meaningful careers.
About the role
We are seeking a skilled ACFI specialist to join us in the role of ACFI Consultant, supporting our South Australia homes on a full time basis.
The ACFI Consultant is responsible for overseeing, monitoring and assisting our homes with the coordination of accurate and timely ACFI appraisals (including re-appraisals). While ACFI appraisals are key in this role, there are also opportunities to supporting our people through ongoing education and development in relation to the ACFI process and implementation.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Reviewing all ACFI claims for our South Australia homes prior to submission
- Monthly review of Medicare/Mirus and support of the home's leadership team as required
- Regular evaluation of ACFI assessments and claim processes to ensure they remain effective and consistent with the relevant guidelines
- Identification, delivery and evaluation of internal training and education on ACFI
- Provision of direct support to homes during ACFI validation audits. Effective reporting on the action and outcomes of external audits.
- Assist the home's leadership team in addressing non-conformance following ACFI validation visits
- Complete Reconsideration of Outcome (the appeal process) for downgrades and submit within required timeframe
- Identify financial risk factors at homes achieving below national average figures and support the home's leadership team to develop strategies to address
You’ll bring to the role your energy, your passionate and caring nature and you will have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ ACFI experience
- Demonstrate clear understanding and experience in ACFI financial reports/figures and can undertake appropriate financial analysis
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced computer skills, including experience in Aged Care specific software (experience with Mirus highly regarded)
- Confident in engaging a wide range of stakeholders and able to build positive rapport easily
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of all information pertaining to residents
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration (highly regarded but not essential)
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety and a commitment to keeping yourself and others safe and well
- The right to work in Australia
What will we offer in return?
- Open, friendly, collaborative team - feel supported though enjoy autonomy to deliver your work
- Fast paced, progressive environment
- Enjoy working in a contemporary office with coffee and fresh fruit on us!
- Close to public transport and street parking in the area
- Estia offers a range of benefits including workplace banking, novated leases and EAP services
If you would like to know more, please call our recruitment team on 1300 615 724 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If this sounds like the role for you, click on APPLY NOW!
To find out more about Estia Health and the wonderful work we do, please visit and follow our LinkedIn page.
We support a holistic approach to Work Health and Safety by supporting our homes with a commitment to keeping our residents and team members stay safe and well.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend